Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Up in Flames, or How I Became an Internet Sensation

When I stepped out of the Broadway tonight after seeing an amazing documentary called Stranded: I Have Come From a Plane That Crashed on the Mountains (more on that later), I headed down the street to check out the outdoor laser graffiti the Cause Collective were doing on the walls downtown. After a few minutes, however, I peeked my head around the corner to see why there were so many police cars racing down West Temple and I was surprised to see the old DV8 building completely engulfed in flames.

Naturally I had to go in for a closer look and made my way across the street from the inferno just as the firefighters arrived and began scurrying about with their hoses. The closest I'd ever seen a scene like that was at Universal Studios in the Backdraft finale recreation, so to see an actual building burning with 100 foot flames was pretty enthralling. It was also strange to stand and watch a club where I'd seen so many concerts become a charred brick skeleton.

The fun part is when I was walking back down the street to my car, I strolled past the reporters setting up and apparently you can just make me out on the Fox 13 newscast. Yep, that's me walking by in the brown corduroy jacket, glasses, black hat, scarf, beard and backpack right when she says "abandoned" near the end of the clip. It's not nearly as good as when D'Arcy was interviewed by the Fox guy at the Kodak Theater when we unknowingly stumbled into the pre-American Idol finals festivities, but it was the best I could do.

Oh yeah, and Justin Guarini is very scary looking in real life.

5 comments:

Jonathan Canlas said...

well, up in flames went the site of tiffany's reception.

remember the looks on the faces of her grandparents that night?

dan, we need to hang out. and soon.

tanyamae said...

so... dv8... are you saying is gone gone gone... as in love is gone?

Girl with a Magical Name said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

A a TV personality myself, let me just remind you of a few things for your next appearance....


1. Don't look at the camera, look deep into the interviewers eyes.

2. DON'T grab the mic, apparently this is NEVER done. I learned the hard way!

Unknown said...

Supposed to be , "As a ...."