Last night I was a wee bit grouchy during lecture due to a certain guy that interrupts the professor every 2.5 minutes (I timed him) to tell an inane and irrelevant anecdote. Combine him with missing a new episode of "Pushing Daisies" and being very hungry causes me to pack up my attention span and lounge in my happy place for a bit.
So last night's sanctuary was full of mental clips of three amazing bands I got to see a couple of weeks ago. I was getting a bit tired of concerts and feeling old when these guys pumped some youthful teenie-bopper music adoration back in my veins.
This clip isn't actually from the New Pornographers' show in SLC but it gives the same effect of when they first started playing. I didn't initially care much for this song when I got the album, but now I can't stop listening to it:
Here's a nice little composite of how the whole show went:
New Pornographers, I'm helplessly yours. Kathryn the keyboardist, I have an indie crush on you.
The next night was LCD Soundsystem and although there's a short clip on YouTube of this song being played at Thanksgiving Point, this does it more justice:
And here's the crowning moment, the Arcade Fire ending their set in Lehi. The clip lacks in sound quality but it documents the fantastic feeling of that night:
I still get the goosebumps. Thanks for helping me escape reality, guys and gals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Grant and I loove Pushing Daisies. I'll tell him you to call you back with his number. =)
People making comments every 2.5 seconds was the reason I stopped going to the Institute class I finally decided to go to....take control teacher!
Even with a runny nose akin to the doctor on MINORITY REPORT, I still had one of the best times I have ever had with the New Pornographers that Tuesday night....indie crushes for all!
I like the clips, but mainly I must say that so far, I really enjoy Pushing Daisies. Second only to The office currently, I think. What about you?
Seriously, is it necessary to remind me constantly that I've got NOTHING in Korea, Daniel?
no tv.
no music.
no friends.
(just kidding about the friends and I do have tteokbokki, so that's ok)
I wish I knew more about the old new pornographers. i only have bones of an idol.
glad somebody else gets the goosebumps from my arcade fire video, not just me.
Thanks for capturing it and putting it on Youtube, AP. It's one thing to talk about it, but it's a whole new thing to see it documented.
Post a Comment